22 March 2010

The LSAT

I've been getting a few emails on how the LSAT went.  Basically, it fried my brain.  It fried my brain so much that as I was driving home I felt as if I was drunk.  I was honestly worried about being pulled over and having to explain that I had not been drinking but rather had been wasting my brain away with logic problems.  It's probably a really common mix up.

Beyond feeling wasted, it left me feeling worried.  You see the hardest section for me and most LSAT takers came last of five sections.  This killed me.  Before opening my test book I had fingers crossed that it came first.  I wanted my brain to be fresh.  I wanted to get it out of the way.  Mostly I wanted them to forget to put that section in my test book.  That didn't happen.  None of that happened.  It came last.  I wanted to cry.  I really feel like I rocked the first four sections.  In fact they felt beyond easy.  I was like an LSAT pro.  Then that last section came along and laughed at my confidence.  It mocked my preparation.  It devoured me whole.  I'm pretty sure when all was said and done I completely bombed it.  I left feeling humbled and dejected.  I was scared.

Then I got my score back and low and behold I didn't totally suck!  I mean, it wasn't what I'd hope, but I wasn't a total lack of space.  I wasn't the Hooters Girl does law school joke.  I got a decent 156.  YAY!  Yeah, I'd hopped for 160 or above, but 156 should get me into the law school here with my GPA.  Hopefully.  I'm still nervous as hell.  I'm still curious what my score would have been had I not guessed on half of the logic games section.  That is unfortunately something I will never know.  That is lost to the gods of the LSATS for eternity.  Now I just hope they let me into law school.

1 comment:

  1. It's about that stressful for most people I think, so that's almost just part of the experience. My guess is that most people wind up feeling that they could have done better than they did (that's how I felt, at least), and in a way that's probably both true and not true for everyone (meaning that everyone could do better in principle, but also has to deal with the fact that it's just a very unusual sort of exercise to go through, which means that probably no does as well as they could in principle - which means that practice is key! Practice by trying to stimulate the test environment to the highest degree possible is what I tell people taking the test now). In a way its kind of frustrating because you have to put so much effort in and then either you're admitted where you want to be or not (or admitted somewhere), and whatever went into doing the test doesn't matter ever again (you might learn a bit about how to deal with stress, I guess). But, we all go through it, so welcome to the club, Sauce.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...