12 September 2010

Receipt Art: September 12, 2010

I love football.  I love college football.  I love University of Montana college football.  But more than I love Griz football (which is a whole hell of a lot), I love our mascot, Monte.  Monte is quite possibly the most legit mascot ever.  He breakdances, crowd-surfs, streaks, rides horses, hits goal posts at a full sprint, enters the stadium on a Harley and does a million other amazing things that take him from regular mascot lame to totally freaking awesome. I mean one of our past Monte performers is now Benny the Bull.  As in Benny the Bull of the Chicago Bulls.  That's just a sampling of how utterly legitimate Monte is.  I adore him.

Clearly I had to dedicate a receipt art to my beloved little Monte.  It's a decent first attempt.  And yes I know he has a weird leg deformity of some sort going on.  It's ok, I still accept him.


I apologize for the fact that I was apparently drunk when I took the picture causing the strange left side blur..  Unfortunately I was at work when I took it which means the I wasn't apparently drunk.  I was ridiculously sober.  I guess I just suck at taking pictures.  Note to self, photography is not a future career path.

Oh and the Griz lost.  To Cal Poly.  Dear University of Montana, welcome to no longer being #1 in the nation.  Sad face.  Then again if you didn't play like douches you'd still be on top.  I take back my sad face.  Reality says hello!

More important than that crap, Monte is nominated for the Capital One Mascot of the Year.  Again.  He's won twice.  Please go to Capitalonebowl.com and vote for him.  Love you long time.

5 comments:

  1. Monte is awesome. :D Sorry about your loss - it sucks I know - our school JMU beat VA Tech this weekend - which is stunning because it is only the second time in the history of college ball that a Div IA team has beaten a Div I team. We are still walking around in a daze [or is that hangover? oh well :D]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monte is awesome.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Tenax Technologies is a Belarussian software company delivering complex web solutions. We provide comprehensive Java development of complex internet systems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Griz number one? So you've decided to write satire now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your homework, Dierks, the Griz were indeed ranked number one before their loss. Everyone was all stoked about it. I mean I love the Griz, but I knew it was too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...