01 March 2011

I Love Getting Mail

I got this email and it made me so happy I decided to post it here rather than responding in the normal way. Believe it or not I don't really get many emails and most of the ones that I do deal predominately with getting hired at Hooters.  It's nice to just feel appreciated sometimes.

Hi Sauce,

I just wanted to drop you a line and say I really like reading your blog, even though I'm all the way over here in Australia!

My boyfriend and I have just moved to Queensland (a northern state of Australia), where the only Australian Hooters is located, and I'm very excited to go along and visit, thanks to your blog.

He went with his mates last weekend, and I was disappointed I missed out, but he said the music and dancing was really fun and that the staff there were Canadian and American. And he liked his burger too!

So yeah, basically, keep up the awesome writing, you've achieved your goal of changing one person's impression (and assumptions) of Hooters and I love reading your new entries every day at lunch.

Kind regards,
A


Well kind regard to you as well my new Australian friend!  Emails like yours are why I started this blog in the first place.  Guess I'm good for something after all.


SEND SAUCE A NOTE OF UNDYING LOVE (or hate...or general disregard...or whatever).

2 comments:

  1. People have this strange impression of employees who work at notorious stores like Hooters (Or in my case, Starbucks). They seem to forget we're a more than caricatures of people's assumptions. Glad you're apart of breaking that, Sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear and obey . . . email sent! Heh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...