19 March 2009

Damn Right I'm Smart!

Every Wednesday our restaurant hosts its own trivia extravaganza loving referred to as "Are You Smarter Than a Hooters Girl?".  Now let me just start by saying that in most cases you probably are smarter than a Hooters Girl (disclaimer to those that may work at Hooters:  I realize you may be amazingly smart but judging by my own fellow Hooters Girls I totally meant the previous statement).  In our game you unfortunately don't get to match wits with most of the girls, you get to match wits with me.  That's right, I'm the MC and being that I'm the host of this event I get to write all the questions.

Basically the way it works is that we have three rounds of trivia.  Each round is mutually exclusive and contains ten questions that cover a broad scope of subjects and get increasing harder as the round progresses.  You are given two life lines; you may cheat or copy.  To cheat you ask your Hooters Girl who has no prior knowledge of the questions what the answer is - in my experience she is generally wrong.  If you wish to copy you get to ask me, your lovely host, the difference here is that I know all the questions and answers but that doesn't mean I'll tell you the right answer (I love watching people try to figure out if I'm telling the truth).  If you win a given round you win a $20 Hooters gift certificate.

Now the best part of all this is that I love that I can stump people.  I take pride in coming up with really hard questions or really easy questions that you just can't remember the answers to.  

For example last night I asked, "What does a plant cell have that an animal cell doesn't?"  Answer, cell wall.  Now only one person in the whole restaurant got this right without copying, she was ten and had just learned this in 4th grade science.  I even had a neurosurgeon try and tell me that I was wrong and that all cells have a cell wall so I googled it and showed him.  That's right I stumped a neurosurgeon with a 4th grade science question.

Trivia night has been a huge hit for us and it's made Wednesday one of our busiest nights of the week.  Last night though I really realized why I love to do it.  I had a guy come up to me afterward and say, "I've been to many, many Hooters and this is the best one I've ever been to.  Your trivia is great."  It's just so nice to be appreciated!  So next time you think you're really smart remember that you might not be smarter than this Hooters Girl - even if you're a neurosurgeon. 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...