11 March 2009

The Life of a Tall Girl

I am what could be described as a girl of above average height. I am nearly 5'11 (no I am not 6 foot no matter what you think) and it can make life super frustrating sometimes.

First off, finding pants is a nearly impossible thing. I can't just walk into a store and pick up a pair of pants and walk out even if they're long length. One of my biggest pet peeves of all time is when a shorter girl says, "Oh my God, I totally know what you mean - I can never find short enough pants." OK, good for you, but last time I checked there is this thing called hemming and I'm pretty sure any dry cleaner or seamstress can do it. Let me just get out my magic pants lengthen wand because last time I checked getting rid of some fabric is easier than magically adding more. Wow, that felt good to get off the chest!

Next, every tall girl can attest to the fact that you will 9 times out of 10 look like a total creeper in group photos. I am constantly relegated to the back and seem to be just a head that hangs out over my average-sized friends' shoulders. I mean it's a good looking head but to bad that sexy outfit is covered up!

OK, being tall isn't all bad but it can suck when I want to wear cute shoes and Joe Schmo in a bar has to make some witty comment he thinks is original (trust me, it isn't original). I do have a amazing long legs that look great in shorts and skirts but finding dress pants is one painful experience. And as thin as I am when I stand next to five Hooters Girls that are 5'5 and under I'm going to look like a big-boned Amazon woman no matter what.

Just so everyone knows, I do love being tall but a girl still needs to vent now and again!

2 comments:

  1. As a short girl, I beg to differ. Sure, we can hem our pants, but after they're hemmed, our legs look abnormally short and as such, even skinny girls look pudgier. We have to constantly figure out how to trick the eye into making our legs look normal length and not like someone chopped them off at the knee. Whereas when tall girls do manage to find a pair of pants that fit, their legs automatically look great in them. You should also be thankful that people don't step on you all the time and that you don't need to stand on someone's shoulders to see over all the tall people in front of you. In the end, I guess it's just a "grass is greener on the other side" debate, but I'm just saying, don't take your height for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about being tall. I actually think it's quite rubbish. I'm about 6' and I always look completely out of place in any photos AND practically every boy i meet is shorter than me >:(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...