04 September 2009

Hello, David Cook

Sometimes working at Hooters comes with certain perks. Sometimes these certain perks include backstage guest passes to sweet concerts. OK, so that is not generally a perk of Hooters. I mean usually my perks include tips that aren't shitty, fried foods and the awesome privilege of buying obscene amounts of spandex and lycra. Yesterday however, in addition to being able to enjoy orange spandex, I actually did get backstage passes through working at Hooters. Yes, the concert gods smiled down upon me and six of my favorite Hooters Girl when the one and only David Cook bestowed upon us VIP, all-access passes to his show. Observe our amazing view.


There is something to be said for watching a concert from behind the soundboard (loving dubbed 'T.C. World' by our oh so kind sound expert/host T.C.). There is also something to be said when scores of swooning girls stare daggers from the front row. Yes, oh jealous teenage girls, I am standing here and you are down there; I hate to sound like a bitch, but the view is awesome from up here. No offense.

And for the record, no groupie behavior was exhibited. Forget sugarcoating, let me be blunt - there was NO FUCKING. Well actually, we're not sure about one girl, but from most of us there was NO FUCKING. There was beer drinking, shot taking and musical discussion, but this is fairly representative of many of my weekends. I just included David Cook this weekend. Lucky me!

Oh and the drummer was really cute. It must have been the skinny jeans and playing with no shoes.


Update For the Cook Fans
David was a perfect gentleman. He is friendly, open and incredibly down to Earth. I would feel totally comfortable saying that fame has in no way gone to his head. The whole experience was amazing and I can say it is one I will always remember.

Oh and girl in question...
First off I am not even sure if anything did happen, but if it did it was most certainly not with David.

6 comments:

  1. Be prepared for many questions from David Cook fans. LOL

    Only two questions. Was he a douche or nice? And was the one girl in question with David or someone else in the band? Thank you and goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. I hope you're prepared for the nasty comments you are going to get from Cook fans. One of his websites picked this up and you are the hot topic of the day. And some people in his "fandom" are crazy. Just be prepared and don't take it personally-they will move on to something else tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice time and one I wouldn't forget, either. Thanks for filling us in.

    Signed,
    A huge DC fan but not one of the spazzy ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The important thing is that you and your friends had a great time. Kudos to you for blogging your experience and for the special note to Cook Fans.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recap! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. And your blog is pretty hilarious, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...