29 May 2009

Still Running for a Cause

As I posted earlier, I will be running a half marathon later this summer and have decided to run for a cause. Basically, I decided that if I had something I was actually running for I'd have better luck sticking with my training because, while I have always been a runner, I am in no way the "lets run 13 miles all at once" sort of runner. In fact for being a rather hardcore track athlete I am a rather reluctant runner; luckily track has all sort of short races and events that involve jumping. Sorry, getting off topic here.

Anyway, I am running for Youth Homes, a nonprofit aimed to help at-risk youth within the state of Montana by providing them with "placement, structure, counseling, recreation, culture and access to community resources. Children come to us with emotional, social, protection, behavioral and chemical dependency issues. They are referred by Youth Courts, Child Protection, Mental Health Case Management, Tribal Social Services and families."
Last year the Run 4 Kids team raised $41,000 for Montana youth and this year they are hoping to far surpass that mark in an attempt to raise over $70,000. My personal goal is to raise $1,000 for this worthy cause. So far I have pretty much sucked at this. I have one donation for $250 and it's from my parents (thanks Mom and Dad!). It's not that I haven't been trying, it's that my friends are cheap - and they will all be the first to admit it. So here I am, appealing to my readers to donate if they are able.

If you would like to donate and help me reach my goal you may do so at www.firstgiving.com/sauce. The site is totally secure with all donations going directly to Youth Homes. You may donate anonymously and remember that every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...